Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Burden of Self Reliance

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23:1


The metaphor of a sheep is really so perfect for mankind. David was a minstrel, a warrior, and an ambassador for God, but when he searched for an illustration of God, he remembered his days as a shepherd. We are dirty, dumb, and need a shepherd to constantly protect and look over us. Isn't it amazing how often we rely on ourselves to do everything? I often try to muster up some energy somehow before asking for God to fill me with His. I catch myself trying to figure out how to figure out financial woes rather than trusting God to take care of them. I rely on myself far too often. I almost always want to do things my way. That's actually a stressful thing. What a relief it would be to just give that all up to God. So I'm gonna try. Worth a shot isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment