Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gap

So I've left a significant amount of time in between starting a blog, and actually posting the first....post? Is that what it's called? I don't even know. This is not my strength...
But wow has so much happened since January 26th.
Jett has grown so much. We've gone on our first weekend away with him, first trip to Winnipeg without him. He's becoming so much fun and has such a distinct personality. I've become increasingly thankful for him and for my life and the blessings God has given us. I think the one wedding and the one funeral I've attended since that first blog day has given me enormous perspective. The fact that the wedding and funeral were for the same bride only deepens that perspective.
While grieving for Reba the same verses that are often on the minds of so many during a time of sorrow were also imparted on mine. "The Lord is my shepherd..."
I was then reminded of a book, Traveling Light by Max Lucado. Probably my most favorite author, I could read Max's books over and over again. So I picked this one up for the third time, but it's been years since I read it. Not only have I realized how willing the Shepherd is to lift our burdens, but how many burdens I have that I never realized I could give him.
So, in keeping with the theme of imperfection, I'll share the excerpts from the burdens that are impressed upon my giving a glimpse of my burdens and the God that takes them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment